POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : vturbulence and prisms : Re: vturbulence and prisms Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vturbulence and prisms
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 2 Jan 2001 15:28:36
Message: <3a5239f4@news.povray.org>
> Of course you can't use vturbulence in isosurface functions, because they
> are not regular pov script but interpreted by an independent isosurface
> parser. IMO it also doesn't make sense because vectors are not useful in
> isosurface functions.  Try noise3d instead.
>
> Christoph

You misunderstand - first I created the isosurface object, then I created a
100X100 grid of the isosurface object in a couple of while loops. I then
tried to use vturbulence to try and turbulate the position of each of the
10000 isosurface objects.

This is the technique I used for the picture using prisms but when I
replaced the prism with an isosurface object vturbulence did not work as
expected. It seemed to bunch all 10000 objects together. Try it with
isosurface spheres and you will see what I mean

Mick